Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New York New York

This weekend I went to NYC with my friend Aidah for the last day of the Society of Illustrators Book and Editorial exhibition, I'm really glad I made the trip to see so much inspiring work! I also got a chance to see some really amazing portraits by Barkley Hendrix at the Studio Museum in Harlem. By the time we made it to the Metropolitan Museum there was only 30min left before we had to race back to the bus station, but I managed to get down this sketch. There is so much great stuff to see at the Met I can't wait to go back and do some more drawing soon.


My favorite thing about New York (apart from the museums) is the amount of weird and wonderful people and things you can find on the street, for example Mr. Pooh (don't worry, he's an artist) and Obama oil...