Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn Leaves (exhibition & book launch)


I am very excited to share the outcome of a long-term personal project - a limited edition hand-bound picture book "Autumn Leaves," which I have written and illustrated. You can see the book displayed  alongside all the original artwork very soon! The exhibition is opening at 6pm October 13th at Canberra Contemporary Art Space (19 Furneaux Street Manuka) and continues until October 23rd (Gallery hours Wed-Sun 11am-5pm). For a fabulous description by the kind people at C.C.A.S. you can check out the facebook event.  This has been a very challenging, but fulfilling project and it would be really fantastic to see you at the opening! Tell your friends!

Below is a preview of a new page from the book & I will endeavour to post some pictures of the bookbinding process over the next week :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on completing the book, it looks amazing!

My Profile said...

Hello Annika, I just saw your AMAZING exhibition and want to tell you you are a fabulous artist and I will be following your future work and exhibitions. Looking forward to having the book in my hand so I can ponder until my heart is content. You father is so proud of you. Thank you for doing all that work for us - whos eyes are starving for such beauty. It was a feast!

Annika said...

Thank you so much! I'm very happy and encouraged to hear that you enjoyed the exhibition & connected with the work :) I look forward to meeting you and delivering your book soon!

Kims Festival said...

That will be lovely. Also in the ACT library is this book. The three incestuous sisters / Audrey Niffenegger. You may already know about it. Almost as good as yours.

Annika said...

Hi Kim, a friend showed me that book last year - it is gorgeous! Good to know the library has it I look forward to studying it some more :)