Friday, May 10, 2013

ANCA Exhibition Review

The Canberra Times, April 17th, 2013.

I very much enjoyed bring part of the recent ANCA NOW! exhibition, which featured a great variety of quality work by ANCA studio artists. Well respected critic Sasha Grishin published this review of the exhibition (and partner exhibition "Intensity of Purpose: 21 years of ANCA"), including his thoughts on my work: "Annika Romeyn is a young printmaker, primarily a lithographer, who effectively captures dramatic and awe-inspiring landscapes within the sensibility of her chosen technique. It is beautifully resolved work with a long-lasting resonance." (Grishin, 2013)

talking about my work at the Curator and Artists in Conversation event
April 13th, 2013

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thats true about resonance. I keep thinking about your work long after I see it.

Annika said...

Thanks Kim, you are very thoughtful! How are your drawings going?

Kelene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelene said...

Congratulations on the ANCA Exhibition! Your work (and you) look great! Keep shining Annika! :-)

Annika said...

Thanks Kelene - you too! All my very best wishes :)