Saturday, October 19, 2013

Solo Exhibition 'Luminous Earth'

I'd love you to come along to my latest solo exhibition Luminous Earth!


OPENING NOV 7th 6PM (all welcome)

continuing until Nov 17th

19 Furneaux St, Manuka ACT

Gallery Hours: Wed-Sun 11am-5pm


Annika Romeyn, Luminous Earth, watercolour on stretched paper, 
150 x 100 cm, 2013

The exhibition will include new watercolour paintings, lithographs and drawings remembering my experience exploring the depths of the Grand Canyon last year.

Rafting, hiking and camping, the mighty Colorado River cut my path between the majestic, seemingly insurmountable, canyon walls that constantly framed my field of vision and, for a time, defined my world. It is a singular feeling to be inside the narrow arm of a canyon network, yet know that the network stretches outward beyond belief. Similarly, it is possible to stare at a wall of rock, excited by its visually dynamic form and structure while overcome by the history of movement scrawled across its surface.

Oscillating between micro and macro, representation and abstraction, I hope that these artworks suggest the inner life of each densely detailed section of canyon wall or churning river.