Tuesday, February 7, 2012

ArtStart & work in progress...

It has been fantastic to begin 2012 with a helpful boost from the Australia Council for the Arts - I'm grateful to have received an Artstart grant to assist with a year full of exciting projects and professional development. My activities will centre around refining my skills in lithography by working with a variety of Master Printmakers including John Loane (Viridian Press) and Peter Lancaster (Lancaster Press). Artstart has also supported my transition to a dedicated studio space with A.N.C.A. - a truly wonderful place to draw, which I'm happy to be sharing with Mel Willis (a superb glass artist). I'm also enjoying making prints at Megalo Print Studio and have been able to continue as an extended access member of Megalo with thanks to a Start Up grant from Arts ACT. I'll keep you updated as the year progresses, but here are some quick camera-phone pictures of the studio and some things I've been working on so far:

charcoal, 76 x 102 cm

ink, sketchbook

studio

beginnings

beautiful summer garden outside my studio door!

large lithograph in progress

2 drawings on stones ready for a 2 colour lithograph

experimenting with different colour combinations

mixing inks for the 2 colour lithograph proofs

and for something different I was inspired to try a woodcut!

detail of the woodcut (to be printed soon...)