Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Beginning...

Illustration Academy 2008... what can I say? It was amazing! One of the best experiences of my life. Apart from the best instructors you could ask for, crits, lectures and demos, I really enjoyed the environment of the Academy - just being surrounded by so many passionate and positive people (faculty and students) really inspired me to work harder and smarter. After the first day of the Academy I could already see a whole new standard to hold myself to & to work towards. One of the highlights of the Academy for me was meeting the fellow Aussie, week 6 visiting Illustrator Robin Eley, who just had a really good spirit & was able to share some really relevant and helpful advice about pursing an Illustration career from Australia - my home & where i will most likely be living after I finish at Morgan State University in Baltimore in May 09. For me the Academy went by so fast that I couldn't bear to leave town straight away, so I'm still in Sarasota with the beautiful Princess Jasmin enjoying the beach and working on thumbnails for a new project we came up with - lyrics from a song with an environment. I'm so glad that I was able to attend the Illustration Academy this year as it has given me a new perspective & more effective working process as well as a whole lot of motivation for the future, I'm more excited than ever to get to work & make my senior year a great one!


Robin Eley and Scott Anderson's Rolling Stone Portrait project (week 6) - 
Tori Amos (acrylic)

more scans to come... 

peace